Possession of Open Container in Motor Vehicle – Chaban Law Group.
Phe state of Florida has the ability to designate an individual as a habitual traffic offender which carries a five-year revocation of your driver’s license and all driving privileges. Under Florida law, the state can designate you as an HTO if you have been convicted of multiple traffic related offenses, such as 15 or more convictions for any kind of moving violation. More importantly if an individual has three or more convictions of any of the following offenses they will also be designated as an HTO:
• Manslaughter resulting from the operation of a motor vehicle;
• Driving under the influence (DUI/DWI);
• Any felony in the commission of which a motor vehicle was used;
• Driving a motor vehicle while your license is suspended or revoked (DWLS/DWLSR);
• Failing to stop and render aid as required under the laws of this state in the event of a motor vehicle crash resulting in the death or personal injury of another; or
• Driving a commercial motor vehicle while his or her privilege is disqualified.
“Criminal Traffic Law”
“Habitual Offenders – Criminal Traffic”
Normally, if this is the situation you will come to find out that your license has been suspended or revoked when you receive a letter from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV) in the mail notifying you that you have been designated as an HTO.
If you or someone you know has been designated as a Habitual Traffic Offender don’t hesitate to contact our office and speak to one of our experienced traffic attorneys.